|POST TRAUMATIC STRESS DISORDER
P.T.S.D. is a psychological disorder that is caused by trauma. Trauma that has not been processed or resolved will eventually cause psychological problems. The following are symptoms of P.T.S.D.:
- The traumatic event is persistently re-experienced by intrusive distressing recollections of the event.
- Recurrent distressing dreams of the event
- Acting or feeling as if the traumatic event were recurring by reliving the experience through illusions, hallucinations, or flashbacks
- Intense psychological distress at exposure to cues that may resemble the traumatic event
- Efforts to avoid thoughts, feelings, or conversations associated with the trauma
- Efforts to avoid activities, places, or people that arouse memories of the trauma
- Inability to recall an important aspect of the trauma
- Diminished interest in significant activities
- Feeling detached from others
- Difficulty experiencing range of emotions
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
- Irritability or outburst of anger
- Difficulty concentrating
- Hyper vigilance or exaggerated startle response
These are the symptoms of P.T.S.D. If you are experiencing many of these problems then it will be careful to seek out therapeutic help.
Therapy is very effective in helping to resolve the past trauma so you donít have to continue to experience these symptoms in the present. I have found that most people with P.T.S.D. are those who have been in a war or who have experienced childhood abuse. You can get over the trauma please give it a try.