Anxiety is both learned and genetic. Most people with anxiety problems are predisposed to it because of brain chemistry.
Anxiety and depression go hand in hand. Anxiety usually revolves around the future – depression is often connected to the past. Here are some helpful hints:
- Medication can be very helpful and necessary if the anxiety is severe. There are also herbal supplements that can be helpful.
- Relaxation training and exercises can really counteract the anxiety.
- Developing your faith and spirituality can be a great resource to alleviate anxiety.
- Assess the reason for anxiety. If it warrants no action then feel the fear and do it anyway. Sometimes you need to just ignore it.
- If you give into fear and anxiety, it will limit your life more and more. You must conquer it to have life.